Terms & Conditions
These Terms govern the use of www.thoughtleaderpath.com and any other related Agreement or legal relationship with the Owner in a legally binding way. Capitalized words are defined in the relevant dedicated section of this document. The User must read this document carefully.
The Owner may also offer Products through an “app store”. Although the entire contractual relationship relating to these Products is entered into solely by the Owner and Users, Users acknowledge and agree that Google Play or Apple may enforce these Terms as a third-party beneficiary.
www.thoughtleaderpath.com is provided by:
Thought Leader Path LLC
Address: 228 Park Ave. S., Num. 66675, New York, NY 10003
Email: webmaster (a) thoughtleaderpath.com
What the User should know at a glance
- www.thoughtleaderpath.com uses automatic renewal for Product subscriptions. Information about the a) renewal period, b) termination details, and c) termination notice can be found in the relevant section of these Terms.
- The right of withdrawal only applies to European Consumers. The right of withdrawal, also commonly called the right of cancellation in the UK, is consistently referred to as “the right of withdrawal” within this document.
How www.thoughtleaderpath.com works
www.thoughtleaderpath.com merely serves as a technical infrastructure or platform to allow Users to interact with each other. The Owner therefore is not directly involved in any such interactions between Users.
Without prejudice to its role as a mere technical intermediary as described above, the Owner may provide additional services to either party of such interaction, such as providing packaging, shipping or facilitating dispute resolution.
Single or additional conditions of use or access may apply in specific scenarios and in such cases are additionally indicated within this document.
By using www.thoughtleaderpath.com, Users confirm to meet the following requirements:
- There are no restrictions for Users in terms of being Consumers or Business Users;
- Users aren’t located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist-supporting” country;
- Users aren’t listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
(a) Account registration
To use the Service, Users must register or create a User account, providing all required data or information in a complete and truthful manner.
Failure to do so will cause unavailability of the Service.
Users are responsible for keeping their login credentials confidential and safe. For this reason, Users are also required to choose passwords that meet the highest standards of strength permitted by www.thoughtleaderpath.com.
By registering, Users agree to be fully responsible for all activities that occur under their username and password.
Users are required to immediately and unambiguously inform the Owner via the contact details indicated in this document, if they think their personal information, including but not limited to User accounts, access credentials or personal data, have been violated, unduly disclosed or stolen.
Conditions for account registration
Registration of User accounts on www.thoughtleaderpath.com is subject to the conditions outlined below. By registering, Users agree to meet such conditions.
- Accounts registered by bots or any other automated methods are not permitted.
- Unless otherwise specified, each User must register only one account.
- Unless explicitly permitted, a User account may not be shared with other persons.
(b) Account termination
Users can terminate their account and stop using the Service at any time by doing the following:
- By using the tools provided for account termination on www.thoughtleaderpath.com.
- By directly contacting the Owner at the contact details provided in this document.
However, termination of the account will not be possible until the subscription period paid for by the User has expired.
Account suspension and deletion
The Owner reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend or delete at any time and without notice, User accounts which it deems inappropriate, offensive or in violation of these Terms.
The suspension or deletion of User accounts shall not entitle Users to any claims for compensation, damages or reimbursement.
The suspension or deletion of accounts due to causes attributable to the User does not exempt the User from paying any applicable fees or prices.
(a) Content on www.thoughtleaderpath.com
Unless where otherwise specified or clearly recognizable, all content available on www.thoughtleaderpath.com is owned or provided by the Owner or its licensors.
The Owner undertakes its utmost effort to ensure that the content provided on www.thoughtleaderpath.com infringes no applicable legal provisions or third-party rights. However, it may not always be possible to achieve such a result.
In such cases, without prejudice to any legal prerogatives of Users to enforce their rights, Users are kindly asked to preferably report related complaints using the contact details provided in this document.
Rights regarding content on www.thoughtleaderpath.com – “Some-rights-reserved”
Unless where explicitly stated, the following does not apply to any content provided by third-party licensors and available on www.thoughtleaderpath.com, such as for instance third-party trademarks, logos, images or the like:
The intellectual property rights for content owned and provided by the Owner are licensed on a “some-rights-reserved” basis.
Users can find further details about how they may use such content in the relevant section of www.thoughtleaderpath.com.
(b) Content provided by Users
The Owner allows Users to upload, share or provide their own content to www.thoughtleaderpath.com.
By providing content to www.thoughtleaderpath.com, Users confirm that they are legally allowed to do so and that they are not infringing any statutory provisions and/or third-party rights.
Further insights regarding acceptable content can be found inside the section of these Terms which detail the acceptable uses.
Rights regarding content provided by Users
Users acknowledge and accept that by providing their own content on www.thoughtleaderpath.com, they grant the Owner a non-exclusive, fully paid-up and royalty-free license to process such content solely for the operation and maintenance of www.thoughtleaderpath.com as contractually required.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, Users waive any moral rights in connection with content they provide to www.thoughtleaderpath.com.
Users acknowledge, accept and confirm that all content they provide through www.thoughtleaderpath.com is provided subject to the same general conditions set forth for content on www.thoughtleaderpath.com.
Users are solely liable for any content they upload, post, share, or provide through www.thoughtleaderpath.com.
Users acknowledge and accept that the Owner filters or moderates such content in a preventative manner.
Therefore, the Owner reserves the right to refuse, censor, remove, delete, block or rectify such content at its own discretion and to deny access to www.thoughtleaderpath.com to the uploading User without prior notice, if it considers such content to infringe any applicable legal provision or third party right, or to otherwise represent a risk for Users, third parties, the Owner and/or the availability of the Service.
The removal, deletion, blocking or rectification of content shall not entitle Users that have provided such content or that are liable for it, to any claims for compensation, damages or reimbursement.
Users agree to hold the Owner harmless from and against any claim asserted and/or damage suffered due to content they provided to or provided through www.thoughtleaderpath.com.
(c) Removal of content from parts of www.thoughtleaderpath.com available through an App Store
If the reported content is deemed objectionable, it will be removed within 24 hours and the User who provided the content will be barred from using the Service.
(d) Access to provided content
Content that Users provide to www.thoughtleaderpath.com is made available according to the criteria outlined within this section.
(e) Publicly available content
Content meant for public availability shall be automatically made public on www.thoughtleaderpath.com upon upload or, at the sole discretion of the Owner, at a later stage.
Any personal data, identifier or any other information that Users upload in connection with such content (such as a User-ID, avatar or nickname etc.) shall also appear in connection with the published content.
(f) Private content
Private content provided by Users shall stay private and will not be shared with any third parties or accessed by the Owner without the User’s explicit consent.
(g) Content for determined audiences
Content meant to be made available to specific audiences may only be shared with such third parties as determined by Users.
Any personal data, identifier or any other information Users upload in connection with such content (such as a User-ID, avatar or nickname etc.) shall also appear in connection with the content.
Users may (and are encouraged to) check on www.thoughtleaderpath.com to find details of who can access the content they provide.
(h) Access to external resources
Through www.thoughtleaderpath.com Users may have access to external resources provided by third parties. Users acknowledge and accept that the Owner has no control over such resources and is therefore not responsible for their content and availability.
Conditions applicable to any resources provided by third parties, including those applicable to any possible grant of rights in content, result from each such third parties’ terms and conditions or, in the absence of those, applicable statutory law.
3. Acceptable use
www.thoughtleaderpath.com and the Service may only be used within the scope of what they are provided for, under these Terms and applicable law.
Users are solely responsible for making sure that their use of www.thoughtleaderpath.com and/or the Service violates no applicable law, regulations or third-party rights.
Therefore, the Owner reserves the right to take any appropriate measure to protect its legitimate interests including denying Users access to www.thoughtleaderpath.com or the Service, terminating contracts, reporting any misconduct performed through www.thoughtleaderpath.com or the Service to the competent authorities – such as judicial or administrative authorities – whenever Users are suspected to be in violation of any laws, regulations, third-party rights and/or these Terms, including, but not limited to, by engaging in any of the following activities:
(a) Conduct restrictions:
- pretending to fulfill any possible condition or requirements for accessing www.thoughtleaderpath.com and/or using the Services, such as for instance being adult according to law or qualifying as a Consumer;
- concealing their identity or stealing someone else’s identity or pretend to be or represent a third-party, if not allowed to do so by such third-party;
- manipulating identifiers to disguise or otherwise conceal the origin of their messages or of the content posted;
- defaming, abusing, harassing, using threatening practices, threatening or violating the legal rights of others in any other way;
- promoting activity that may endanger the User’s life or the life of any other User or lead to physical harm. This includes but is not limited to suicide threats or instigations, intentional physical trauma, the use of illegal drugs, or excessive drinking. Under no circumstance is any User allowed to post any content promoting and/or encouraging and/or showing any self-destructive or violent behavior on www.thoughtleaderpath.com;
- probing, scanning or testing the vulnerability of www.thoughtleaderpath.com, including the services or any network connected to the website, nor breaching the security or authentication measures on www.thoughtleaderpath.com, including the services or any network connected to www.thoughtleaderpath.com;
- installing, embedding, uploading or otherwise incorporating any malware into or via www.thoughtleaderpath.com;
- using www.thoughtleaderpath.com or the technical infrastructure in an abusive, excessive or otherwise inappropriate way (for example: for spamming purposes);
- attempting to disrupt or tamper with the technical infrastructure in a manner that harms or places an undue burden on www.thoughtleaderpath.com or the Service;
- pretending to purchase any Products offered via www.thoughtleaderpath.com without any real intent to do so;
- failing to pay for Products purchased;
- offering Products via www.thoughtleaderpath.com that cannot legally be sold or that are currently not available for sale (e.g. not in stock);
- manipulating the price of Products offered or failing to deliver Products sold.
(b) Excessive use of the Service:
- using a resource of www.thoughtleaderpath.com excessively in relation to other Users of www.thoughtleaderpath.com – in such cases, the Owner, at its sole discretion, additionally reserves the right to suspend the User’s account or limit the related activity until the User reduces the excessive consumption.
(c) Excessive use of the API:
- sending abusive or excessively frequent requests to the Service via the API. The Owner will determine what constitutes abuse or excessive usage of the API and additionally reserves the right to temporarily or permanently suspend access to the API by the User. In such cases, the Owner will make a reasonable attempt to alert the User prior to suspension.
- adopting any automated process to extract, harvest or scrape information, data and/or content from www.thoughtleaderpath.com and all the digital properties thereto related unless where explicitly allowed to do so by the Owner.
(e) Content restrictions:
- disseminating or publishing content that is unlawful, obscene, illegitimate, libelous or inappropriate;
- publishing any content that promotes, either directly or indirectly, hate, racism, discrimination, pornography, violence;
- disseminating or publishing any content that is false or may create unjustified alarm;
- using www.thoughtleaderpath.com to publish, disseminate or otherwise provide content protected by intellectual property laws, including but not limited to patent, trademark or copyright law, unlawfully and without the legitimate right-holder’s consent;
- using www.thoughtleaderpath.com to publish, disseminate or otherwise make available any other content which infringes on any third-party rights, including but not limited to state, military, trade or professional secrets and personal data;
- publishing any content or carrying out any activity that disrupts, interrupts, harms, or otherwise violates the integrity of www.thoughtleaderpath.com or another User’s experience or devices. Such activities include: spamming, distributing unauthorized advertisements, phishing, defrauding others, spreading malware or viruses etc.;
- publishing or otherwise disseminating false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libelous content regarding any Products offered via www.thoughtleaderpath.com.
(f) User protection:
- misappropriating any account in use by another User;
- harvesting or collecting any personally identifying information of other Users including but not limited to their email addresses or contact information, by circumventing the privacy setting of other Users’ accounts on www.thoughtleaderpath.com or by any other means;
- using any information relating to other Users, including personal or contact data, for purposes other than those www.thoughtleaderpath.com is intended for.
(g) Commercial use restrictions:
- registering or using www.thoughtleaderpath.com in order to promote, sell or advertise products or services of any kind in any way;
- indicating or trying to imply in any manner, that a User stands in a qualified relationship with www.thoughtleaderpath.com or that www.thoughtleaderpath.com has endorsed the User, the User’s products or services or any third party’s products and services for any purpose.
www.thoughtleaderpath.com gives Users the opportunity to receive advantages if, as a result of their recommendation, any new User purchases a Product offered on www.thoughtleaderpath.com. In order to take advantage of this offer, Users may invite others to purchase the Products on www.thoughtleaderpath.com by sending them a tell-a-friend code provided by the Owner. Such codes can only be redeemed once. If upon purchase of the Products on www.thoughtleaderpath.com any of the persons invited redeems a tell-a-friend code, the inviting User shall receive the advantage or benefit (such as: a price reduction, an additional service feature, an upgrade etc.) specified on www.thoughtleaderpath.com. Tell-a-friend codes may be limited to specific Products among those offered on www.thoughtleaderpath.com. The Owner reserves the right to end the offer at any time at its own discretion. While no general limitation applies to the number of persons that can be invited, the amount of advantage or benefit that each inviting User can receive, may be limited.
5. Software license
Any intellectual or industrial property rights, and any other exclusive rights on software or technical applications embedded in or related to www.thoughtleaderpath.com are held by the Owner and/or its licensors.
Subject to Users’ compliance with and notwithstanding any divergent provision of these Terms, the Owner merely grants Users a revocable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license to use the software and/or any other technical means embedded in the Service within the scope and for the purposes of www.thoughtleaderpath.com and the Service offered.
This license does not grant Users any rights to access, usage or disclosure of the original source code. All techniques, algorithms, and procedures contained in the software and any documentation thereto related is the Owner’s or its licensors’ sole property.
All rights and license grants to Users shall immediately terminate upon any termination or expiration of the Agreement.
6. API usage terms
Users may access their data relating to www.thoughtleaderpath.com via the Application Program Interface (API). Any use of the API, including use of the API through a third-party product/service that accesses www.thoughtleaderpath.com, is bound by these Terms and, in addition, by the following specific terms:
- the User expressly understands and agrees that the Owner bears no responsibility and shall not be held liable for any damages or losses resulting from the User’s use of the API or their use of any third-party products/services that access data through the API.
7. TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
(a) Paid Products
Some of the Products provided on www.thoughtleaderpath.com, as part of the Service, are provided on the basis of payment.
The fees, duration and conditions applicable to the purchase of such Products are described below and in the dedicated sections of www.thoughtleaderpath.com.
(b) Product description
Prices, descriptions or availability of Products are outlined in the respective sections of www.thoughtleaderpath.com and are subject to change without notice.
While Products on www.thoughtleaderpath.com are presented with the greatest accuracy technically possible, representation through photos, images, colors, sounds or any other means is for reference only and implies no warranty as to the characteristics of the purchased Product.
The characteristics of the chosen Product will be outlined during the purchasing process.
(c) Purchasing process
Any steps taken from choosing a Product to order submission form part of the purchasing process.
The purchasing process includes these steps:
- Users must choose the desired Product and verify their purchase selection.
- After having reviewed the information displayed in the purchase selection, Users may place the order by submitting it.
(d) Order submission
When the User submits an order, the following applies:
- The submission of an order determines contract conclusion and therefore creates for the User the obligation to pay the price, taxes and possible further fees and expenses, as specified on the order page.
- In case the purchased Product requires active input from the User, such as the provision of personal information or data, specifications or special wishes, the order submission creates an obligation for the User to cooperate accordingly.
- Upon submission of the order, Users will receive a receipt confirming that the order has been received.
All notifications related to the described purchasing process shall be sent to the email address provided by the User for such purposes.
Users are informed during the purchasing process and before order submission, about any fees, taxes and costs (including, if any, delivery costs) that they will be charged.
Prices on www.thoughtleaderpath.com are displayed either exclusive or inclusive of any applicable fees, taxes and costs, depending on the section the User is browsing.
(f) Offers and discounts
The Owner may offer discounts or provide special offers for the purchase of Products. Any such offer or discount shall always be subject to the eligibility criteria and the terms and conditions set out in the corresponding section of www.thoughtleaderpath.com.
Offers and discounts are always granted at the Owner’s sole discretion.
Repeated or recurring offers or discounts create no claim/title or right that Users may enforce in the future.
Depending on the case, discounts or offers shall be valid for a limited time only or while stocks last. If an offer or discount is limited by time, the time indications refer to the time zone of the Owner, as indicated in the Owner’s location details in this document, unless otherwise specified.
Offers or discounts can be based on Coupons.
If breach of the conditions applicable to Coupons occurs, the Owner can legitimately refuse to fulfill its contractual obligations and expressly reserves the right to take appropriate legal action to protect its rights and interests.
Notwithstanding the provisions below, any additional or diverging rules applicable to using the Coupon displayed in the corresponding information page or on the Coupon itself shall always prevail.
Unless otherwise stated, these rules apply to the use of Coupons:
- Each Coupon is only valid when used in the manner and within the timeframe specified on the website and/or the Coupon;
- A Coupon may only be applied, in its entirety, at the actual time of purchase – partial use is not permitted;
- Unless otherwise stated, single-use Coupons may only be used once per purchase and therefore may only be applied a single time even in cases involving installment-based purchases;
- A Coupon cannot be applied cumulatively;
- The Coupon must be redeemed exclusively within the time specified in the offer. After this period, the Coupon will automatically expire, precluding any possibility for the User to claim the relevant rights, including cash-out;
- The User is not entitled to any credit/refund/compensation if there is a difference between the value of the Coupon and the redeemed value;
- The Coupon is intended solely for non–commercial use. Any reproduction, counterfeiting and commercial trade of the Coupon is strictly forbidden, along with any illegal activity related to the purchase and/or use of the Coupon.
(h) Methods of payment
Information related to accepted payment methods are made available during the purchasing process.
Some payment methods may only be available subject to additional conditions or fees. In such cases related information can be found in the dedicated section of www.thoughtleaderpath.com.
All payments are independently processed through third-party services. Therefore, www.thoughtleaderpath.com does not collect any payment information – such as credit card details – but only receives a notification once the payment has been successfully completed.
If payment through the available methods fail or is refused by the payment service provider, the Owner shall be under no obligation to fulfill the purchase order. Any possible costs or fees resulting from the failed or refused payment shall be borne by the User.
(i) Payment of price in installments
The payment of the purchase price may be settled in two or more installments, within the deadlines specified on www.thoughtleaderpath.com or otherwise communicated by the Owner.
Specific Products may be excluded from this payment model.
If the User fails to meet any of the payment deadlines, the entire outstanding amount shall become immediately due and payable.
(j) Virtual Currency for exclusive use inside www.thoughtleaderpath.com
On www.thoughtleaderpath.com certain payments may be made using a Virtual Currency. Unless otherwise stated, such Virtual Currency is not tradable, exchangeable or redeemable against any traditional currency, any other open digital currency, goods or any other values.
By purchasing Virtual Currency, Users acknowledge and understand that it may only be used within www.thoughtleaderpath.com for the purposes expressly authorized by the Owner within the framework of its Services. Users also acknowledge and agree that they may not transfer, purchase, sell, or exchange such Virtual Currency outside of the Service.
Accordingly, Users may not sublicense, trade, sell or attempt to sell Virtual Currency for money, or exchange Virtual Currency for value of any kind outside of the dedicated offering provided by the Owner through www.thoughtleaderpath.com. Any such prohibited use or transaction shall be considered null and void and could result in legal action being taken against the User.
In case of contract or account termination for any cause attributable to the User, any and all unused Virtual Currency shall be forfeited and no refund shall be granted.
(k) Authorization for future payment
If Users authorize PayPal, Strip, or other payment processors to allow future purchases, www.thoughtleaderpath.com will store an identification code linked to the Users’ PayPal or Stripe account. This will authorize www.thoughtleaderpath.com to automatically process payments for future purchases or recurring installments of past purchases.
This authorization can be revoked at any time, either by contacting the Owner or by changing the user settings offered by the payment processor.
(l) Purchase via app store
Specific Products or services available for sale on www.thoughtleaderpath.com must be purchased via a third-party app store. To access such purchases, Users must follow the instructions provided on the relevant online store (such as “Apple App Store” or “Google Play”), which may vary depending on the particular device in use.
Unless otherwise specified, purchases done via third-party online stores are also subject to such third-parties’ terms and conditions, which, in case of any inconsistency or conflict, shall always prevail upon these Terms.
Users purchasing through such third-party online stores must therefore read such terms and conditions of sale carefully and accept them.
(m) Retention of Product ownership
Until payment of the total purchase price is received by the Owner, any Products ordered shall not become the User’s property.
Deliveries are made to the address indicated by the User and in the manner specified in the order summary.
Upon delivery, Users must verify the content of the delivery and report anomalies without undue delay, using the contact details provided in this document or as described in the delivery note. Users may refuse to accept the parcel if visibly damaged.
Goods are delivered to the countries or territories specified in the relevant section of www.thoughtleaderpath.com.
Delivery times are specified on www.thoughtleaderpath.com or during the purchasing process.
(o) Failed delivery
The Owner cannot be held responsible for delivery errors due to inaccuracies or incompleteness in the execution of the purchase order by the User, nor for any damages or delays after handover to the carrier if the latter is arranged by the User.
If the goods are not received or collected at the time or within the deadline specified, the goods will be returned to the Owner, who will contact the User to schedule a second delivery attempt or to agree on the future course of action.
Unless otherwise agreed, any delivery attempt starting from the second shall be at the User’s expense.
8. Contract duration
(a) Trial period
Users have the option to test www.thoughtleaderpath.com or selected Products during a limited and non-renewable trial period, at no cost. Some features or functions of www.thoughtleaderpath.com may not be available to Users during the trial period. Further conditions applicable to the trial period, including its duration, will be specified on www.thoughtleaderpath.com. The trial period shall end automatically and shall not convert into any paid Product unless the User actively purchases such paid Product.
Subscriptions allow Users to receive a Product continuously or regularly over a determined period of time.
Paid subscriptions begin on the day the payment is received by the Owner.
In order to maintain subscriptions, Users must pay the required recurring fee in a timely manner. Failure to do so may cause service interruptions.
(c) Fixed-term subscriptions
Paid fixed-term subscriptions start on the day the payment is received by the Owner and last for the subscription period chosen by the User or otherwise specified during the purchasing process.
Once the subscription period expires, the Product shall no longer be accessible, unless the User renews the subscription by paying the relevant fee.
Fixed-term subscriptions may not be terminated prematurely and shall run out upon expiration of the subscription term.
(d) Subscriptions handled via Apple ID
Users may subscribe to a Product using the Apple ID associated with their Apple App Store account by using the relevant process on www.thoughtleaderpath.com. When doing so, Users acknowledge and accept that
- any payment due shall be charged to their Apple ID account;
- subscriptions are automatically renewed for the same duration unless the User cancels at least 24 hours before the current period expires;
- any and all fees or payments due for renewal will be charged within 24-hours before the end of the current period;
- subscriptions can be managed or cancelled in the Users’ Apple App Store account settings.
The above shall prevail upon any conflicting or diverging provision of these Terms.
(e) Automatic renewal
Subscriptions are automatically renewed through the payment method that the User chose during purchase, unless the User cancels the subscription within the deadlines for termination specified in the relevant section of these Terms and/or www.thoughtleaderpath.com.
The renewed subscription will last for a period equal to the original term.
The User shall receive a reminder of the upcoming renewal with reasonable advance, outlining the procedure to be followed in order to cancel the automatic renewal.
Recurring subscriptions may be terminated at any time by sending a clear and unambiguous termination notice to the Owner using the contact details provided in this document, or — if applicable — by using the corresponding controls inside www.thoughtleaderpath.com.
(g) Termination notice
If the notice of termination is received by the Owner before the subscription renews, the termination shall take effect as soon as the current period is completed.
(h) Termination of open-ended subscriptions
Open-ended subscriptions may be terminated at any time by sending a clear and unambiguous termination notice to the Owner using the contact details provided in this document. Terminations shall take effect 14 days after the notice of termination has been received by the Owner.
9. User rights
(a) Right of withdrawal
Unless exceptions apply, the User may be eligible to withdraw from the contract within the period specified below (generally 14 days), for any reason and without justification. Users can learn more about the withdrawal conditions within this section.
(b) To whom the right of withdrawal applies
Unless any applicable exception is mentioned below, Users who are European Consumers are granted a statutory cancellation right under EU rules, to withdraw from contracts entered into online (distance contracts) within the specified period applicable to their case, for any reason and without justification.
Users that do not fit this qualification, cannot benefit from the rights described in this section.
(c) Exercising the right of withdrawal
To exercise their right of withdrawal, Users must send to the Owner an unequivocal statement of their intention to withdraw from the contract.
To this end, Users may use the model withdrawal form available from within the “definitions” section of this document. Users are, however, free to express their intention to withdraw from the contract by making an unequivocal statement in any other suitable way. In order to meet the deadline within which they can exercise such right, Users must send the withdrawal notice before the withdrawal period expires.
When does the withdrawal period expire?
Regarding the purchase of goods, the withdrawal period expires 14 days after the day on which the User or a third party – other than the carrier and designated by the User – takes physical possession of the goods.
Regarding the purchase of several goods ordered together but delivered separately or in case of purchase of a single good consisting of multiple lots or pieces delivered separately, the withdrawal period expires 14 days after the day on which the User or a third party – other than the carrier and designated by the User – acquires physical possession of the last good, lot or piece.
- Regarding those contracts which provide for the recurring delivery of goods over a fixed term, the withdrawal period expires 14 days after the day on which the User or a third party – other than the carrier and designated by the User – acquires physical possession of the first good.
- Regarding the purchase of a service, the withdrawal period expires 14 days after the day that the contract is entered into, unless the User has waived the withdrawal right.
- In case of purchase of a digital content not supplied in a tangible medium, the withdrawal period expires 14 days after the day that the contract is entered into, unless the User has waived the withdrawal right.
(d) Effects of withdrawal
Users who correctly withdraw from a contract will be reimbursed by the Owner for all payments made to the Owner, including, if any, those covering the costs of delivery.
However, any additional costs resulting from the choice of a particular delivery method other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by the Owner, will not be reimbursed.
Such reimbursement shall be made without undue delay and, in any event, no later than 14 days from the day on which the Owner is informed of the User’s decision to withdraw from the contract. Unless otherwise agreed with the User, reimbursements will be made using the same means of payment as used to process the initial transaction. In any event, the User shall not incur any costs or fees as a result of such reimbursement.
… on the purchase of physical goods
Unless the Owner has offered to collect the goods, Users shall send back the goods or hand them over to the Owner, or to a person authorized by the latter to receive the goods, without undue delay and in any event within 14 days from the day on which they communicated their decision to withdraw from the contract.
The deadline is met if the goods are handed to the carrier, or otherwise returned as indicated above, before the expiration of the 14-days-period for returning the goods. The reimbursement may be withheld until reception of the goods, or until Users have supplied evidence of having returned the goods, whichever is the earliest.
Users shall only be liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling of the goods outside of that which is necessary to establish their nature, characteristics and functioning.
The costs of returning the goods are borne by the User.
…on the purchase of services
Where a User exercises the right of withdrawal after having requested that the service be performed before the withdrawal period expires, the User shall pay to the Owner an amount which is in proportion to the part of service provided.
Such payment shall be calculated based on the fee contractually agreed upon, and be proportional to the part of service provided until the time the User withdraws, compared with the full coverage of the contract.
(e) Exceptions from the right of withdrawal
The right of withdrawal does not apply to contracts:
- for the provision of services, after the service has been fully performed if the performance has begun with the consumer’s prior express consent, and with their acknowledgement that their right of withdrawal is lost once the contract has been fully performed;
- for the supply of digital content which is not supplied on a tangible medium if the performance has begun with the consumer’s prior express consent and with their acknowledgment that their right of withdrawal is thereby lost;
- for the supply of goods made to the consumer’s specifications or otherwise clearly personalized;
- for the supply of goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly;
- for the supply of sealed audio or sealed video recordings or sealed computer software which were unsealed after delivery;
- for the supply of sealed goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons and were unsealed after delivery;
- for the supply of goods or Services for which the price is dependent on fluctuations in the financial market which cannot be controlled by the Owner and which may occur within the withdrawal period;
- for the provision of accommodation other than for residential purposes, transport of goods, car rental services, catering or services related to leisure activities if the contract provides for a specific date or period of performance;
- for the supply of goods which are, after delivery, according to their nature, inseparably mixed with other items;
- the supply of alcoholic beverages, the price of which has been agreed upon at the time of the conclusion of the sales contract, the delivery of which can only take place after 30 days and the actual value of which is dependent on fluctuations in the market which cannot be controlled by the Owner;
- where the Consumer has specifically requested a visit from the Owner for the purpose of carrying out urgent repairs or maintenance. If, on the occasion of such visit, the Owner provides services in addition to those specifically requested by the Consumer or goods other than replacement parts necessarily used in carrying out the maintenance or in making the repairs, the right of withdrawal shall apply to those additional services or goods;
- for the supply of a newspaper, periodical or magazine with the exception of subscription contracts for the supply of such publications;
- concluded at a public auction.
(f) Contractual withdrawal period extension
In addition, and without prejudice to the statutory right of withdrawal or any other statutory rights, including guarantee rights, the Owner grants Users a contractual right to withdraw from the contract within 30 days. Users can therefore withdraw from the contract even once the statutory withdrawal period has expired.
The contractual extension of the withdrawal period is subject to the same conditions stated for the statutory right of withdrawal, including those for determining the beginning and the end of the withdrawal period.
(a) Legal guarantee of conformity for goods
Under EU law, for a minimum period of 2 years after delivery, traders guarantee the conformity of the goods they sell. This means that traders must ensure that the goods purchased have the promised quality, or the quality that can be reasonably expected, functionality or characteristics for at least two years after they’ve been delivered to the purchaser.
Where Users qualify as European Consumers, the legal guarantee of conformity for goods applies to the items available on www.thoughtleaderpath.com in accordance with the laws of the country of their habitual residence.
National laws of such country may grant such Users broader rights.
Consumers who do not qualify as European may benefit from legal guarantee of conformity rights in accordance with the legislation of the country of their habitual residence.
The Owner grants Users a contractual best-price-guarantee. If after purchasing any of the Products available on www.thoughtleaderpath.com they retrieve the exact same Product with the exact same specifications and conditions at a lower price from another Provider, the Owner will refund the difference upon presentation of appropriate evidence.
The best-price-guarantee is subject to the following conditions:
- Users have purchased a Product from the Owner;
- On the same day, after having purchased the Product from the Owner, Users find the same product available for purchase at a lower price from a different online provider;
- The product’s specifications and characteristics, such as quantity, time, territorial scope, purpose, brand, etc. are identical to the Product purchased from the Owner;
- The purchase price of the aforementioned product is lower than that of the Product purchased from the Owner. To this end, any personal price reduction resulting from a Coupon or discount code of Users as well as any temporary price reduction, such as in case of a sales, shall not be considered, i.e. the purchase price must already be lower before any such reduction is applied.
In order to claim the best-price-guarantee Users must:
- Store screenshots of and link to the lower-priced offer, making sure that all relevant product specifications and characteristics, date, and time are visible on such screenshots, as well as under such links. Users must also save a screenshot of the last page before purchase confirmation;
- Submit the afore-mentioned information to the Owner alongside their full purchase reference relating to the Product purchased from the Owner (such as name, last name, address, email address, booking or order no. etc.) within the same day.
The Owner shall then verify that all best-price-guarantee conditions and requirements are fulfilled and, if so, refund the difference between the price paid to the Owner and the lower price of the other provider’s offer.
Money-back-guarantee for goods
Without prejudice to any applicable statutory rights, the Owner grants Users the right to cancel a purchase they are unsatisfied with, and obtain a refund, within 15 days from the day on which the purchased goods have been delivered.
The Owner shall refund the price of the Product purchased using the same payment method as the original transaction.
In order to make use of this right, Users must send an unambiguous notice to the Owner. While a motivation is not required, Users are kindly asked to specify the reason why they are claiming the money-back-guarantee.
Within the same period of time stated above, Users must also return the purchased goods to the Owner at their own expense, making sure that they are undamaged, clean and fit for resale. Goods must be returned inside the original packaging.
Upon receipt of the goods, the Owner will verify that all conditions applicable to the money-back-guarantee are fulfilled and, if so, refund the purchase price.
Money-back-guarantee for services
Without prejudice to any applicable statutory rights, the Owner grants Users the right to cancel the purchase of a service they are unsatisfied with, and obtain a refund, within 15 days from the day on which the contract was entered into.
The Owner shall refund the price of the Product purchased using the same payment method as the original transaction.
In order to make use of this right, Users must send an unambiguous notice to the Owner. While a motivation is not required, Users are kindly asked to specify the reason why they are claiming the money-back-guarantee.
Upon receipt of such notice, the Owner will verify that all conditions applicable to the money-back-guarantee are fulfilled and, if so, refund the purchase price. In this case, Users will no longer have access to the purchased service.
Liability and indemnification
The User agrees to indemnify and hold the Owner and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners and employees harmless from and against any claim or demand — including but not limited to lawyer’s fees and costs — made by any third party due to or in relation with any culpable use of or connection to the Service, violation of these Terms, infringement of any third-party rights or statutory provision by the User or its affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners and employees to the extent allowed by applicable law.
Limitation of liability for User activities on www.thoughtleaderpath.com
Users acknowledge and accept that the Owner merely provides Users with the technical infrastructure and features incorporated in www.thoughtleaderpath.com.
The Owner does not intermediate, moderate, promote or intervene in interactions, agreements or transactions between Users and therefore bears no liability for any such interactions among Users, including the performance of any Users’ obligations.
Users, in particular, acknowledge and accept that the Owner is not involved in sales and purchases by Users qualifying respectively as Sellers or Buyers over www.thoughtleaderpath.com.
This means that Sellers and Buyers are solely liable for respectively offering and purchasing through www.thoughtleaderpath.com and for the obligations resulting thereof.
In particular, the Owner shall bear no liability for:
- any pre-contractual statement, claim or description of the Products offered through/via www.thoughtleaderpath.com;
- the existence of any applicable license, authorization, qualification or other official permit allowing Sellers to offer specific goods or services, as may be required by applicable law;
- the Buyers’ eligibility (e.g. in terms of age, solvency etc.) for purchase according to applicable law;
- any obligation stipulated by Users over www.thoughtleaderpath.com, including but not limited to product guarantees and product safety;
- any claim based on partial, incorrect or failed performance of binding agreements entered into on www.thoughtleaderpath.com.
Limitation of liability
Unless otherwise explicitly stated and without prejudice to applicable statutory product liability provisions, Users shall have no right to claim damages against the Owner (or any natural or legal person acting on its behalf).
This does not apply to damages to life, health or physical integrity, damages resulting from the breach of an essential contractual obligation such as any obligation strictly necessary to achieve the purpose of the contract, and/or damages resulting from intent or gross negligence, as long as www.thoughtleaderpath.com has been appropriately and correctly used by the User.
Unless damages have been caused by way of intent or gross negligence, or they affect life, health or physical integrity, the Owner shall only be liable to the extent of typical and foreseeable damages at the moment the contract was entered into.
In particular, within the limits stated above, the Owner shall not be liable for:
- any loss of business opportunities and any other loss, even indirect, that may be incurred by the User (such as, but not limited to, trading losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, etc.);
- damages or losses resulting from interruptions or malfunctions of www.thoughtleaderpath.com due to acts of force majeure, or unforeseen and unforeseeable events and, in any case, independent of the will and beyond the control of the Owner, such as, but not limited to, failures or disruptions of telephone or electrical lines, the Internet and / or other means of transmission, unavailability of websites, strikes, natural disasters, viruses and cyber attacks, interruptions in the delivery of products, third-party services or applications;
- any losses that are not the direct consequence of a breach of the Terms by the Owner;
- any damage, prejudice or loss occurring due to viruses or other malware contained in or connected to files available for download from the internet or via www.thoughtleaderpath.com. Users are responsible for implementing sufficient security measures – such as anti-viruses and firewalls to prevent any such infection or attack and for securing backup copies of all data or information exchanged via or uploaded to www.thoughtleaderpath.com.
Notwithstanding the above, the following limitation applies to all Users not qualifying as Consumers:
In any event of liability, the compensation may not exceed the total payments that have been, will be or would be received by the Owner from the User based on the contract over a period of 12 months, or the period of the duration of the Agreement, if shorter.
Disclaimer of Warranties
Www.thoughtleaderpath.com is provided strictly on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Use of the Service is at Users’ own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Owner expressly disclaims all conditions, representations, and warranties — whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of third-party rights. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by user from owner or through the Service will create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
Without limiting the foregoing, the Owner, its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees do not warrant that the content is accurate, reliable or correct; that the Service will meet Users’ requirements; that the Service will be available at any particular time or location, uninterrupted or secure; that any defects or errors will be corrected; or that the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components. Any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Service is downloaded at users own risk and users shall be solely responsible for any damage to Users’ computer system or mobile device or loss of data that results from such download or Users’ use of the Service.
The Owner does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the Service or any hyperlinked website or service, and the Owner shall not be a party to or in any way monitor any transaction between Users and third-party providers of products or services.
The Service may become inaccessible or it may not function properly with Users’ web browser, mobile device, and/or operating system. The owner cannot be held liable for any perceived or actual damages arising from Service content, operation, or use of this Service.
Federal law, some states, and other jurisdictions, do not allow the exclusion and limitations of certain implied warranties. The above exclusions may not apply to Users. This Agreement gives Users specific legal rights, and Users may also have other rights which vary from state to state. The disclaimers and exclusions under this agreement shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
Limitations of liability
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall the Owner, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees be liable for
- any indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including without limitation damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, arising out of or relating to the use of, or inability to use, the Service; and
- any damage, loss or injury resulting from hacking, tampering or other unauthorized access or use of the Service or User account or the information contained therein;
- any errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content;
- personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from User access to or use of the Service;
- any unauthorized access to or use of the Owner’s secure servers and/or any and all personal information stored therein;
- any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Service;
- any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like that may be transmitted to or through the Service;
- any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available through the Service; and/or
- the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any User or third party. In no event shall the Owner, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees be liable for any claims, proceedings, liabilities, obligations, damages, losses or costs in an amount exceeding the amount paid by User to the Owner hereunder in the preceding 12 months, or the period of duration of this agreement between the Owner and User, whichever is shorter.
This limitation of liability section shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction whether the alleged liability is based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or any other basis, even if company has been advised of the possibility of such damage.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, therefore the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to User. The terms give User specific legal rights, and User may also have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The disclaimers, exclusions, and limitations of liability under the terms shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
The User agrees to defend, indemnify and hold the Owner and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees harmless from and against any and all claims or demands, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses, including, but not limited to, legal fees and expenses, arising from
- User’s use of and access to the Service, including any data or content transmitted or received by User;
- User’s violation of these terms, including, but not limited to, User’s breach of any of the representations and warranties set forth in these terms;
- User’s violation of any third-party rights, including, but not limited to, any right of privacy or intellectual property rights;
- User’s violation of any statutory law, rule, or regulation;
- any content that is submitted from User’s account, including third party access with User’s unique username, password or other security measure, if applicable, including, but not limited to, misleading, false, or inaccurate information;
- User’s willful misconduct; or
- statutory provision by User or its affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees to the extent allowed by applicable law.
The Owner’s failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of any such right or provision. No waiver shall be considered a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term.
To ensure the best possible service level, the Owner reserves the right to interrupt the Service for maintenance, system updates or any other changes, informing the Users appropriately.
Within the limits of law, the Owner may also decide to suspend or terminate the Service altogether. If the Service is terminated, the Owner will cooperate with Users to enable them to withdraw Personal Data or information in accordance with applicable law.
Additionally, the Service might not be available due to reasons outside the Owner’s reasonable control, such as “force majeure” (eg. labor actions, infrastructural breakdowns or blackouts etc).
Users may not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of www.thoughtleaderpath.com and of its Service without the Owner’s express prior written permission, granted either directly or through a legitimate reselling program.
Intellectual property rights
Without prejudice to any more specific provision of these Terms, any intellectual property rights, such as copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights and design rights related to www.thoughtleaderpath.com are the exclusive property of the Owner or its licensors and are subject to the protection granted by applicable laws or international treaties relating to intellectual property.
All trademarks — nominal or figurative — and all other marks, trade names, service marks, word marks, illustrations, images, or logos appearing in connection with www.thoughtleaderpath.com are, and remain, the exclusive property of the Owner or its licensors and are subject to the protection granted by applicable laws or international treaties related to intellectual property.
Changes to these Terms
The Owner reserves the right to amend or otherwise modify these Terms at any time. In such cases, the Owner will appropriately inform the User of these changes.
Such changes will only affect the relationship with the User for the future.
The continued use of the Service will signify the User’s acceptance of the revised Terms. If Users do not wish to be bound by the changes, they must stop using the Service. Failure to accept the revised Terms, may entitle either party to terminate the Agreement.
The applicable previous version will govern the relationship prior to the User’s acceptance. The User can obtain any previous version from the Owner.
If required by applicable law, the Owner will specify the date by which the modified Terms will enter into force.
Assignment of contract
The Owner reserves the right to transfer, assign, dispose of by novation, or subcontract any or all rights or obligations under these Terms, taking the User’s legitimate interests into account. Provisions regarding changes of these Terms will apply accordingly.
Users may not assign or transfer their rights or obligations under these Terms in any way, without the written permission of the Owner.
All communications relating to the use of www.thoughtleaderpath.com must be sent using the contact information stated in this document.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL
Should any provision of these Terms be deemed or become invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, the invalidity or unenforceability of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
Should any provision of these Terms be or be deemed void, invalid or unenforceable, the parties shall do their best to find, in an amicable way, an agreement on valid and enforceable provisions thereby substituting the void, invalid or unenforceable parts.
In case of failure to do so, the void, invalid or unenforceable provisions shall be replaced by the applicable statutory provisions, if so permitted or stated under the applicable law.
Without prejudice to the above, the nullity, invalidity or the impossibility to enforce a particular provision of these Terms shall not nullify the entire Agreement, unless the severed provisions are essential to the Agreement, or of such importance that the parties would not have entered into the contract if they had known that the provision would not be valid, or in cases where the remaining provisions would translate into an unacceptable hardship on any of the parties.
Any such invalid or unenforceable provision will be interpreted, construed and reformed to the extent reasonably required to render it valid, enforceable and consistent with its original intent. These Terms constitute the entire Agreement between Users and the Owner with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all other communications, including but not limited to all prior agreements, between the parties with respect to such subject matter. These Terms will be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by law.
These Terms are governed by the law of the place where the Owner is based, as disclosed in the relevant section of this document, without regard to conflict of laws principles.
Exception for European Consumers
However, regardless of the above, if the User qualifies as a European Consumer and has their habitual residence in a country where the law provides for a higher consumer protection standard, such higher standards shall prevail.
Venue of jurisdiction
The exclusive competence to decide on any controversy resulting from or connected to these Terms lies with the courts of the place where the Owner is based, as displayed in the relevant section of this document.
Exception for European Consumers
The above does not apply to any Users that qualify as European Consumers, nor to Consumers based in Switzerland, Norway or Iceland.
This Agreement shall continue in effect until it is terminated by either www.thoughtleaderpath.com or the User. Upon termination, the provisions contained in these Terms that by their context are intended to survive termination or expiration will survive, including but not limited to the following:
- the User’s grant of licenses under these Terms shall survive indefinitely;
- the User’s indemnification obligations shall survive for a period of five years from the date of termination;
- the disclaimer of warranties and representations, and the stipulations under the section containing indemnity and limitation of liability provisions, shall survive indefinitely.
Amicable dispute resolution
Users may bring any disputes to the Owner who will try to resolve them amicably.
While Users’ right to take legal action shall always remain unaffected, in the event of any controversy regarding the use of www.thoughtleaderpath.com or the Service, Users are kindly asked to contact the Owner at the contact details provided in this document.
The User may submit the complaint including a brief description and if applicable, the details of the related order, purchase, or account, to the Owner’s email address specified in this document.
The Owner will process the complaint without undue delay and within 21 days of receiving it.
Online dispute resolution for Consumers
The European Commission has established an online platform for alternative dispute resolutions that facilitates an out-of-court method for solving any dispute related to and stemming from online sale and service contracts.
As a result, any European Consumer can use such platform for resolving any dispute stemming from contracts which have been entered into online. The platform is available at the following link.
Definitions and legal references
Latest update: March 15, 2020